A savory and chunky soup great for both winter and summer time!
I love broccoli! It has so many vitamins and minerals: B6 and B1, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium and calcium, iron and even omega 3 fatty acids!
Yet so many people dislike its taste and feel the need to drown it in cheese. Or eat it steamed without any flavors.
It’s really sad for such a beautiful vegetable… so here’s another way to explore broccoli that will get your mouth watering!
Did you know that the word broccoli comes from the Italian plural of broccolo, which means “the flowering crest of a cabbage”?
An easy way to digest broccoli
Being a cruciferous vegetable, from the cabbage family, broccoli can be difficult to digest, especially for people who have a lot of Vata.
But when it’s well cooked with spices it creates no problem at all!
As a matter of fact, the last time I made it was for my friend who was going through a heartbreak.
Usually when she’s under a lot of stress, her digestion will act out.
She was so surprised to be able to eat this delicious soup without any issues.
On the contrary, she claims that a few evenings with this soup got rid of her bloating and flattened her belly!
Let me know how you like it in the comments!
Here’s the link to another of my favorite soup recipe.
- 2 Tbsp chopped onions
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, chopped in small pieces
- A medium potato, cut in cubes
- 1 medium carrot, grossly shredded
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp safflower oil or ghee
- Heat pan on medium-low, add oil when hot. Add onions and spices, a pinch of salt and sauté, then add mushrooms and shredded carrots next.
- Place broccoli, potatoes and hot water to cover ingredients or a little more, add another pinch of salt.
- Bring water to boil, then let simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes or until ingredients are thoroughly cooked.
- Salt to taste